With our Templates feature, you can create and save documents with Document Fields already setup on the document, making your signature workflows easier and faster. For our Premium users, there is no limit on the number of Templates you can create. For Plus users, you can create 1 template per account to save and reuse.
How Do I Create a Template?
- Select Templates on the left side of your dashboard. From here you can upload a document for use or select an Original.
- Assign roles (i.e. renter, landlord), set the signing order if needed, and enter an optional message. Select Add Fields in the top right corner.
- Add document fields and assign them to each role set up during the workflow. For more information on how to add document fields to your document click here.
- Select Save Template in the top right corner to save the template for permanent use.
- Select Templates on the left side of your dashboard. Select the template that needs to be edited.
- You may add fields and remove them as per your convenience, after which you may save the changes by selecting Save Changes on the right corner.
- Click the template title and select Request Signature.
- Enter the signer’s name and email in the preset roles. You can also add optional CC recipients or optional message to signers.
- You won’t have to assign and document fields, you can just review the roles to ensure they are assigned to the correct signers. To send the signature request, select Send in the top right corner.
- Once the Request Signature workflow has been sent out, it will show up on your dashboard like any other signature request. The Template will be saved for future use in the Templates section on your dashboard to be re-used as needed.
- To separate your requests, simply use the Rename function from the workflow screen to assign them a unique tag, or completely different name if you prefer.
How Do I Edit a Template?
How do I use my saved Templates to start a signature request?
How do I tell my requests apart?
As you send more requests out using your templates, you may quickly find yourself overwhelmed with a list of requests that all have the same name. To help with this, you can rename the template/request right from the Request Signature workflow, giving you an easy way to differentiate between your pending requests.