It's an unfortunate fact that sometimes things don't go quite right, and when that happens, here are a few common steps to troubleshoot:
Note that a widespread cause of issues is out-of-date apps. Ensure that your Signeasy app is up-to-date by opening the App Store, searching for Signeasy, and downloading any updates.
Also check the iOS version you're using, as we support iOS 10 or later. Any version earlier than iOS 10 may have issues.
Error code SE002
If you happen to receive the following error message after you have imported the file, flattening the document would resolve the issue.
On a Mac
- Open the document in Preview
- File > Export as PDF
- Open a file in a Windows application.
- Choose File > Print.
- Choose Adobe PDF as the printer in the Print dialog box.
- To customize the Adobe PDF printer setting, click the Properties (or Preferences) button.
- Click Print. Type a name for your file, and click Save.
My app is crashing or freezing.
If the app is freezing or crashing during login, importing, or while signing, remove and reinstall the app. Sometimes an update might go bad, or some corrupt data might cause issues. A clean install will usually clear the issue. Your settings and documents will be saved even if you reinstall.
My signature or text isn't saving when I complete the document.
Information not saving, or a document not rendering correctly usually means the PDF software is having trouble with something specific about your document. Occasionally, a PDF will have fields that are difficult to render correctly while maintaining the format. In that case, you can try two things:
- Try completing your document using the Signeasy Web app.
- Email us at email@example.com, and include a brief description of the issue, and a copy of the original document to try and replicate the issue
The app gives me an error when I try to log in.
If you see an error message at login or a message to contact support, you can check the following:
- Check that your login information is correct.
- Check that your app is up to date by going to the App Store and searching for Signeasy. If an update is available, we'll ask you to update your app.
The app is telling me to upgrade even though I already paid
Apple handles payments and purchases in the iOS app. If your account is paid but not showing as up-to-date:
Check that you are logged in to the paid account. Make sure you didn't accidentally create a new account under a different email address, as it won't link to the paid account.
Send a description of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include one of the following:
- A copy of the App Store receipt from your email or the Signeasy invoice
- A screenshot of the active subscription. Retrieve it here:
- Open your iOS device Settings
- Tap on your name or Apple ID
- Select Subscriptions
- A payment entry from your credit card statement
I still need help, what now?
Kindly send us an email at email@example.com. We'll get right back to you and get the app working again.